My name is Dr Jo Robinson, I'm a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society and a Registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council. I'm also a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy.
I've worked within the mental health field since 2008, providing therapeutic interventions in settings within North Staffordshire including a rape crisis centre, a bereavement charity, and a national mental health charity which supports people with a range of issues such as anxiety, depression, and relationship difficulties.
As well as my private practice, I work with individuals who have committed a range of offences within inpatient and community mental health services, providing 1:1 and group psychological interventions. I also supervise colleagues to deliver therapeutic interventions.
I work with clients who want to address their difficulties and live more fully in the present
When working with clients, a common theme that arises is that they feel stuck and unable to move forward with their lives.
With the help of psychological assessment and treatment, I can help increase your understanding of how you've come to be where you are now, and explore how we can work together to effect change.
How I will work with you
During our first session, I will gather information about your past experiences, your present situation, and what you would like for your future. This assessment will help us to develop a deeper understanding of:
- Your presenting problem(s)
- The factors in your past which may be contributing to the present difficulties
- Any incidents which might recently have triggered your current problems
- The factors which might be stopping you resolving your current difficulties
- The strengths you possess which help you cope with your current problems and which may also help you resolve them.
I will then make recommendations regarding the psychological approaches I believe may be most appropriate to address your presenting problems, based on the information that has been gathered and discussed during the assessment.
- Doctorate in Forensic Psychology Practice
- Certificate in Supervision
- Masters (MSc) in Psychology
- Masters (MSc) in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling