My name is Dr Jo Robinson, and I specialise in working with people who experience anxiety and want to stop it from holding them back in life.
I'm a Chartered Psychologist with the British Psychological Society (BPS) and a Registered Practitioner Psychologist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). I'm also a Registered Member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP). I adhere by their codes of conduct, ethics and requirements for ongoing supervision and continuing skill development.
I've worked within the mental health field since 2008, providing therapeutic interventions in settings within North Staffordshire including a rape crisis centre, a bereavement charity, and a national mental health charity which supports people with a range of issues such as anxiety, depression, and relationship difficulties.
As well as my private practice, I work with individuals within inpatient and community mental health services, providing 1:1 and group psychological interventions. I also supervise colleagues to deliver therapeutic interventions.
- Doctorate in Forensic Psychology Practice
- Certificate in Supervision
- Masters (MSc) in Psychology
- Masters (MSc) in Psychotherapeutic Counselling
- Certificate in Counselling
I work with clients who want to address their anxiety and live more fully in the present
When working with clients who are experiencing anxiety, a common theme that arises is that they feel stuck and unable to move forward with their lives.
With the help of psychological therapy, I can help increase your understanding of how you've come to be where you are now, and explore how we can work together to effect change.
How I will work with you
During the first few sessions, I will gather information about your past experiences, your present situation, and what you would like for your future. This assessment will help us to develop a deeper understanding of:
- Your presenting problem(s)
- The factors in your past which may be contributing to the present difficulties
- Any incidents which might recently have triggered your current problems
- The factors which might be stopping you resolving your current difficulties
- The strengths you possess which help you cope with your current problems and which may also help you resolve them.
I will then make recommendations regarding the psychological approaches I believe may be most appropriate to address your presenting problems, based on the information that has been gathered and discussed during the assessment.
Funding your treatment
Please note that as well as self-funding clients, I accept clients who are referred via their private health insurance provider. Please see the Fees page for more information.