Who’s on the podcast?
In this episode Jo talks to Zoe Hinett, a Counsellor in private practice at Sticks And Stones Counselling based in South East London. Zoe works with a lot of people who have difficulties with negative thought patterns and works with them to develop ways of managing them more effectively. Zoe also writes blog posts on this subject.
What’s the topic?
For people who struggle with anxiety, they may or may not be aware when they’re having unhelpful negative thoughts. If they can catch the unhelpful thoughts when they’re happening, they can potentially help to reduce their anxiety.
In this episode we talk about:
- The different types of unhelpful thinking patterns
- The triggers to unhelpful thinking, and their impact
- The STOPP method of managing unhelpful thinking patterns from the Get Self-Help website
- 5 Ways To Manage Negative Thinking
- The Process Of Negative Thinking
- 6 Questions To Challenge Negative Anxious Thoughts
Thank you for listening
Thank you for supporting the podcast, it means a lot to us that you’re listening. If you enjoyed this episode please share it using the social share buttons on this page. If you have any comments, or suggestions for future podcast episodes then please feel free to get in touch 🙂
Finally, don’t forget to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes to make sure you keep up to date with the latest episodes.